The European Union (EU) is organising the Single Market Month (23 Sept – 23 Oct 2013) – a month of online debates between individuals, businesses, organisations, policy-makers and EU leaders to discuss ideas to improve the EU's Single Market:
- 4 weeks to discuss key areas which affect your daily life: jobs (23-25 Sept.), social rights (30 Sept. -02 Oct.), banks (7-9 Oct.) and e-commerce (14-16 Oct.)
- 4 weeks to put forward your own ideas or to comment, vote and share others'
- 4 weeks to have a live dialogue with EU leaders, policy-makers and experts
In other words, you are cordially invited to:
Submit your ideas now!
The Single Market Month is your opportunity to directly influence the European debate. EU policymakers want to know your ideas and hear your thoughts about topics that are relevant to the way we work, shop, do business, study... Questions to be addressed will range from ‘What more can the EU do to tackle youth unemployment?’, ‘What social benefits are available to me when I move to another Member State?’, ‘What financial assistance is available to entrepreneurs?’, ‘What information should I receive when I take out a mortgage?’ to ‘How can I return products bought online to different Member States?’.
- You can send us your ideas at http://yourideasforeurope.eu until September
Take part in the online debates in September!
The online debates will give you the chance to interact with other citizens, businesses and organisations in Europe. In addition, you will be able to connect with EU leaders and policy-makers (such as EU Commissioners, Members of the European Parliament, legal experts and civil servants). Other opportunities include being part of the Euronews TV closing debate programme, and the option to put forward your ideas in a live chat with EU leaders. But above all, by joining in the debate, you can shape the policy ideas that can change Europe.
- You can take part in the online debates at http://yourideasforeurope.eu from September 23
You will find here background information, guideline and promotional items. Please feel free to forward it to your network of contacts who may also want their ideas to change Europe!
For any enquiries please contact: email@example.com