The Ministry of Science and Higher Education authenticates documents issued by Polish higher education institutions supervised by the Minister of Science and Higher Education.
The Ministry of Science and Higher Education authenticates only originals or duplicates of the following documents:
- Diploma of higher education
- Diploma of a scientific degree (doktor or doktor habilitowany)
- Certificate of completion of postgraduate studies (świadectwo ukończenia studiów podyplomowych)
- Certficate of graduation (zaświadczenie o ukończeniu studiów)
NOTE: Ministry of Science and Higher Education does not authenticate copies of diplomas (odpis) or documents in foreign languages.
After authentication made by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education diploma or certificate should be presented in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which is a competent authority to issue the apostille or legalize Polish documents. Detailed information can be found at http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/apostille/apostille.
The fee for authentication of each document is PLN 19. A payment confirmation must be submitted together with the document. You may pay by wire transfer made out to the account of the Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego given below.
For local transfer:
76 1010 1010 0030 9822 3100 0000 (NBP Okręgowy Oddział w Warszawie),
For transfer from abroad:
PL76 1010 1010 0030 9822 3100 0000
How to authenticate
Ministry of Science and Higher Education authenticates documents from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Ministry`s premises – main entrance from Hoża 20 Street (contact: +48 22 52 92 357 or +48 22 52 92 266). The documents for authentication may be submitted either:
- by a third person (additional authorization is not required)
- by post to the address:
Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego
Departament Współpracy Międzynarodowej
ul. Wspólna 1/3
In case of the documents sent by post you should also submit:
- a request for authentication containing return address and contact details
- a confirmation of payment for the authentication.
After authentication we send the documents back by registered mail with a return receipt.
NOTE: In the case of the documents sent by post, you can also request for them to be forwarded to the Legalization Unit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This request should be submitted in written together all the documents required by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for more details please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
Authentication of other documents
Authentication of other documents (e.g. Diploma supplement) is made by education institutions which have issued them.
Documents issued by universities that are not supervised by the Minister of Science and Higher Education are authenticated by:
- the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage – in case of the diplomas of fine arts
- the Minister of National Defence – in case of the diplomas of higher military schools
- the Ministry of Health – in case of the medical school diplomas
- the Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation – in case of the diplomas of the Gdynia Maritime University and the Maritime University of Szczecin
- the Secretary of Polish Episcopal Conference – in case of the diplomas of the church higher schools
- the Chancellery of Polish Academy of Sciences – in case of the diplomas of the Polish Academy of Sciences.